Pages

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Day Three - Advent Calendar

Hey All,


I love doing advent calendars. I always do a countdown to Christmas and I find that an advent calendar is a fun way to keep track (plus a little reward every day doesn't hurt.)


I am sure that almost everyone has done the classic buy at Wal-Mart gross chocolate ones. This year I think I am going to try to come up with one for my room that has a little bit more character.


We have one downstairs that is a Christmas tree that has little Velcro Christmas symbols on it. And there is a Scripture verse that goes with each day. Then my Mom also does one on the Christmas tree. Each of the kids (pretty much just me at home this year though) has their own personalised little stocking and each day mom puts in a wee treat and a piece of paper that tells you how many days it is till Christmas.


But I was thinking that it would be fun to have one for my own room this year. Still working on the idea though. Anyone have an creative and simple methods of creating an advent calendar? Please share below.



Well here is hoping that I have a good idea tomorrow.


Merry Christmas Everybody.

2 comments:

  1. Last year at the library I had the kids make a sign with "We wish you a merry Christmas" on one side and the numbers 1-24 on the other side. I had an extra one that I used at my house. I can share it with you or you can make your own. p.s. I've never had one of the cheap chocolate countdown calendars. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Kendra that is why I said almost everyone :) And that sounds like an interesting idea...I have to decide what I am doing by Friday so that I can make it on my day off though

      Delete