Pages

Saturday 15 June 2013

Avocado & Spinach Pasta Sauce Recipe

I am definitely addicted to pasta, but I am not all that fond of the traditional tomato pasta sauce (except for Mom's homemade pasta sauce that is the best). Because of this I am always experimenting on various kinds of sauces to top my pasta with. Today's pasta got topped with an Avocado and Spinach sauce which turned out really well. Hence I am sharing my recipe with all of you.


Avocado & Spinach Pasta Sauce

Ingredients 

1 avocado

1 tbsp margarine (butter)
2 handfuls of spinach
½ cup sour cream
2 tbsp milk
Spices to taste


Directions:

1.      Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add spices (I used parsley, oregano, cilantro, and basil pesto)
2.      Add the mashed avocado and still until it is hot.
3.      Add spinach and stir until the spinach is covered and wilted.
4.      Add sour cream and milk. Keep stirring until it is bubbly and warm. Add salt and pepper to taste
5.      Serve on pasta

Makes enough for one serving






This time I melted some cheddar cheese onto the pasta as well. My stomach is definitely happy with this. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. Next, come to my house and make me some too! :)... or maybe I'll just try it! ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...the leftovers I had of it were good :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, when I got home from work last night I wondered where they had gotten off to. It didn't take me too long to figure out though.

      Delete