Pages

Friday 7 June 2013

Thankfulness and H54F

Looking back at this blog, I realised that it was almost exactly a year since I have posted anything on here...


Wow. I am officially the worst blogger ever...so then I decided to start blogging again. Go figure.

I have started reading this week the book called Lord, Change my Attitude (Before It's Too Late) by James MacDonald. I picked this up just to do a quick breeze through to come up with some good ideas and concepts for the study I am doing on Christian service. I didn't really plan on it convicting me but I guess that God has different plans for me (and hey, that is usually always a good thing).

This book is meant to be read in chapter pairs. So after getting home from work last night I read the two chapters named "Replace a Complaining Attitude...." and "....With a Thankful Attitude." Right when I started, I was having thoughts of...

"Oh, these will be easy chapters because I am a thankful person. Cause I just worked six hours on the most boring shift ever and I didn't complain. Compared to most people I think I am super thankful."

........OUCH

Even looking back at those thoughts, I now see that I was complaining....and arrogant....and sinning. But not two paragraphs in, I started realising that ungratefulness is not only just verbal, it is in action as well. One of the most convicting things that James MacDonald mentioned in these two chapters, in fact, what he stressed, is that attitude (any attitude) is not based on history, circumstance, or other people. My attitude is my choice. So whether I have an attitude of thankfulness or an attitude of ungratefulness is completely my choice. When I choose to complain, then I am choosing sin.


So over the next couple of months I decided that I needed to do something specific to choose an attitude of thankfulness in my day to day walk The next morning I wake up and see that my sister has a new post on her blog Pursuing Expressions of Joy all about the H54F. Perfect. This sounds like a great way to start publicly showing thankfulness for the daily things that happen in my life.



So here we go my High Five For Friday




I am thankful for a job that gives me steady hours, new friends, and a mission field. 



The church picnic where even though it was raining people were willing to come out and praise God, eat food, and play games. (Man, I am so Baptist) 


I am thankful for being able to spend time with a friend that I haven't seen in over a year and to be encouraged by her. 



I am thankful for kisses, cuddles, and soggy crackers from my nephew. 





I am thankful for the rain this week, that is making my herb garden grow beautifully outside. 




And after doing that, I am already feeling more thankful today. Goes to show you that thankfulness is a choice. So I challenge you, think back through your week. What are some things that you can be thankful for.

 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you used H54F to work on true thankfulness! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a blog? I am going to follow you!

    ReplyDelete