Pages

Thursday 13 June 2013

Visor Cap Crochet Pattern

One of my favourite two pattern websites online are:

Crochet Pattern Central  and Knitting Pattern Central

I love these sites for the main reasons that they have thousands of links to free online patterns for many different things like afghans, sweaters,socks, hats, scarfs, etc... These two sites are probably my main source of information on new patterns and ideas.

Another place that I have recently discovered and is the new "craze" on the Internet is Pinterest. This site is great for getting pictures of crochet/knitting stuff, although the pictures don't always end up linking to patterns.

I was on Pinterest the other day and I found a great little crocheted hat that I wanted to make.

Visor Cap     Visor Cap

So I decided to make it . It wasn't too bad of a pattern, I found that it was pretty tight on my head but not to bad and I always have had a really hard time getting little straps like the embellishment on this hat to lay flat, but all in all it took me less than two days and was fairly easy.

They main thing that I found challenging was finding the plastic canvas that I needed in the visor. After searching every dollar store and Wal-Mart near me, I found it at the last dollar store I looked in buried on the bottom shelf.

I don't have it with me or I would show you a picture of the finished project, but it did work out great and doesn't look that different from the finished project.

No comments:

Post a Comment