Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

Day 5 - Decorating Part 1


       Because I have Friday (tomorrow) off, my mom and I decided that it would be a good day to decorate the house for Christmas. Typically, my family does it on the first weekend in December, and since Sunday is December 1st this counts. 

        The last couple of years I have only been around for three weeks or so around Christmas so I haven't bothered to decorate my own room. But this year as I am already home I decided that I should add a little bit more Christmas cheer to my own room. 


     It also hasn't hurt that we have had a couple days of nasty snow squalls (not fun to drive in but so pretty to look at). It is totally a Winder Wonderland out there and that has put me in the mood for Hot Chocolate, Christmas music and Christmas decorating. Too bad the snow is too fluffy for me to build a snowman. 


So first step to decorating my room is to actually clean it. I can be a bit of a slob so this is always my biggest challenge but hey I got it done. 





Is it a little sad that I am a little proud of the fact that I cleaned my room. I don't know.


So the next step was to get out my wee box of Christmas decor (see red box in above picture) and start placing around the room. I think my cat on the bed was excited to see some more of her cuddle buddies coming out of the box. She loves sleeping on the bed with the other stuffed animals. 

So in these before and after photos you can sort of see a little of what I did with the desk. I am not that creative with Christmas decorations but I love little nicknacks for Christmas. I will sometimes re purpose Christmas ornaments that don't fit in with the tree downstairs and just set them around the room as well. 


Finally, in my mind Christmas is not complete without a little winter scene somewhere in my room. I have always enjoyed my wee Christmas tree and put it up in my room every year. I just used polyester craft stuffing to make the snow and there you go. Snow inside that won't melt. 



What are some of your favourite Christmas decorations? More to come tomorrow as we finish decorating the rest of the house. 


No comments:

Post a Comment